Saturday 6 February 2016

Camouflage Is The New Black

One of the things that I think 'Aspies' are often searching for is camouflage. "If I say this/watch this/do this/wear this then I'll blend in and no one will think I'm weird and maybe I'll make friends."

Maybe you're not like that. Maybe you are quite content not caring how others perceive you. On a good day that is me. On a more regular day, I wear eccentric (or rather, childlike-for-my-age) clothes and accessories because I was only recently diagnosed and as such have been 'passing' for over 30 years. Copying other people and not even being sure if I like the things I do.

I think like the cutely badass things I wear. The Baymax beanie, the watermelon earrings, but a true personality is not made up of tangible things. It's just fluff. I buy it and wear it, pathetically desperate for it to start a conversation and lead to a friendship. 

Maybe all this 'stuff' is why I still get ID'd - looking 24 at 31 is good, but the way I move, the way I dress is childlike and has been described by a colleague as 'endearing'...


I'm 31...


...seriously....


...I am...


...I mean, that's just a functional bag, right?


Okay, that's unicorn poop. I bought unicorn poop on etsy.
*face palm*

No comments:

Post a Comment