Monday 2 March 2015

Five Months In

1 October 2014

A consultant raises the possibility that my mental health issues may in fact be undiagnosed Asperger's. Recommendation to be tested.

28 October 2014

Neurological/Cognitive testing strongly indicates autism spectrum disorder. 

15 December 2014

GP makes a request for funding for diagnostic assessment. 

22 January 2015

GP asked to do a short AQ-10 with me. Score = 9/10. 6+ needed for diagnostic consideration. 

02 March 2015

GP completes more detailed referral form sent by testing centre to secure funding. Apparently I lack social imagination i.e. all my stories are loosely wrapped things I see (characters wear or have the same possessions as me) and even though I've known this city for 11+ years I can rarely think of anything to go or do that isn't outside my routine of going to the same supermarket everyday. Unless someone says 'Cinema' or 'Bookshop'. And why I can copy a detailed comic book page almost flawlessly, but can't draw from imagination. And here I thought I was creative. 

This seems a very long road, but if it clears up the uncertainty of how I see the world, gives me ideas to avoid obsession/rituals/meltdowns, and wipes off BPD, bipolar, and schizophrenia from my file, it's worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment