Thursday 28 April 2016

Dah-Dah-Da-Daaahh


So, I'm now in three minorities. The FiancĂ© planned the moment in his meticulous fashion. In order to get my ring size right, he borrowed a ring sizer from his Mum and planned to wait until I fell asleep and then slip it on to my hand. These things look like white plastic cable ties. If I'd woken up, I'd have presumed he was having a Dexter fantasy.

In the end, due to my restless sleep he aborted the idea and instead tried to squeeze my existing fingers onto his baby finger and then guess the number. It worked.

He phoned my Mum to ask for her blessing two weeks before. A beautiful touch that may not have occurred to most people. He blinked at me and asked how could it not occur to someone to ask for a parent's blessing.

We went to the bar where we first met two years ago. He was a sweaty, distracted mess. Our favourite song came on over the sound system. I said how weird it was. No bar plays that band. That song was never even released from the album. The Then-Boyfriend began to burble, squeak and eventually got down on one knee and presented a beautiful silver gold ring. I loved that he never even considered golden gold. It looks awful on me.

I cried, he cried. I said yes and we kissed and hugged like horny teenagers. The bar staff, who were in on the planning, cheered and screamed, 'They're getting married!' Many people offered us drinks. The waitresses took our photos. The bar owner fell in the bar some hours later and screamed her delight at her bar's first proposal and offered us Prosecco at cost for the wedding. I hope she was sober enough to remember that the next morning.

Being stupidly responsible, we cut the night short and got the bus home. We should have stayed out until 2am, dancing and talking and grabbing ass. But we got the bus, which took three times as long because it had to stop when a drunk guy bitchslapped a girl across the face. My ring would have left a lovely mark across his cheek.

Now we have to pick a venue, date, dress, rings, guests, music, food, whose name do we use or do we combine? Oh, and a budget...this shouldn't be too overwhelming at all. And if it is, it'll be for the right reasons.

I have only made one decision so far. I'm wearing Wedding Converse. End of. 


No comments:

Post a Comment