Monday 3 August 2015

Comic-Con

Manchester MCM Comic-Con 2015 (Saturday 26 July)


Geek heaven. 

Stalls. Robot Wars. Comic Village. Cuddly Toys. Canvases. Jewellery. Bullet carving. Meet and Greets. USA candy.

Found some sellers, such as Geek La Chic, Cakes With Faces, and Tokyo Toys, who all could have just taken my money once I saw the dreaded WE ACCEPT DEBIT AND CREDIT CARD signs.



I met the very dry Stuart Ashen and got my bootleg t-shirt signed. I bought prints from independent artists. I bought Pop Vinyl figures from Funko Toys. 



There was Marvel. DC. A lot of anime and manga. 

There was severe social anxiety. Having to walk out for air, then all around and back to get in was stressful. A lot of people were browsing and mingling and the crush and noise was brain-splitting.

By the end, I was worn out and a bit tearful. But I did it and am very glad I got to go to a large public event.

There was some amazing cos-play and even though the queuing system was a bit scrambled, it went smoothly. Except for forgetting which NCP the car was parked in.




The artist @TheKangel had drawn some art that gave me the biggest laugh all day. Very funny (see first image). And The Boyfriend sang me The Jigglypuff Song to get me to sleep after massaging my aching flat feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment