Monday 31 August 2015

Terrifying Nights

I'm terrified. 

I've lived in this house with The Boyfriend for six months. Three times (one just now) I thought I was definitely awake because the bedroom looked exactly the same and I could see The Boyfriend sleeping. I don't remember falling asleep, mostly because I was in the same position. Always this has been in the early hours of the morning. 

I became aware of something in the room by my side of the bed that frightened me, perhaps a shadow. I wasn't/didn't think I was paralysed because I was screaming at The Boyfriend for help and even hitting and scratching him to wake him up. 

Then I felt a very hard poke in the ribs. 

I hit The Boyfriend very hard and the next thing he was awake, but said he hadn't poked me nor did he remember me hitting him, only that I was thrashing around. 

I'm not going back to sleep.

What is this? I want it to be Sleep Paralysis, but I don't understand the absolute certainty that I was fighting and screaming for help. 

Could it be Night Terrors? I've been under massive stress, predominantly medical, since moving. But surely I'm far too old for them?

I'm fairly logical (though prefer to "pass" as someone quirky, etc) so even though it felt like a demon or ghost, how can it possibly be? 

I'm on the verge of seeing my doctor (who will probably sigh and tell me to take paracetamol) or call a priest (even though I'm not religious).

Now I'm chugging caffeine with the lights on and going to read a "fluffy" book on my Kindle. I'm envying The Boyfriend who has fallen back asleep upstairs and is snoring contentedly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment