Monday 3 August 2015

Skin Deep

Nothing more romantic than getting scarred with your partner.

Last week, The Boyfriend and I were at Vida Loca Tattoos in Bolton getting inked. 

No, not matching tattoos and not each other's names i.e. "the kiss of death".

I now have a Game of Thrones quote (from beloved Tyrion)...


..and The Boyfriend had his final sitting of his Hulk piece. We are itchy and covered in Bepanthan.


Interestingly, we both established a good rapport with our artists. The Boyfriend had his done by Jamie and they chatted about art and whatnot. Becci did mine and she was a lovely soft spoken girl with a kick-ass attitude. With a love of comics and games, I had to resist blurting out, "I'm new to this town. Be my friend!"

But as a woman in a still mostly male industry I could tell she was hacked off that a lot of 'feminine' tattoos were coming her way: script, cats, flowers, etc. She wants to do big, cool pieces. So, when I'm ready to say goodbye to the clearness of my outer calf, she can do a big, beautiful piece of art down it.

No comments:

Post a Comment