Monday 16 February 2015

The Supermarket Wars

I have started doing something that many people who don't drive (or like me, don't like going outside very much) do: online shopping. I opted for a 1-Hour Slot to keep waiting down to a minimum. 

At 9.01am I received a text:

"I'm sorry to let you know that due to technical issues at store, your Home Shopping order that is due for delivery is currently running late by 2 hours. We understand making other arrangements at short notice is inconvenient. We do everything we can to deliver to our customers on time. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind regards

Asda Home Shopping Team"


I was unhappy. And being British, I have been blessed with the art of "making a fuss".


"You texted at 9am to say deliveries are  running up to 2 hours late.

That means that potentially I now have to stay in until 2pm. I paid for a ONE HOUR SLOT. How will Asda make this up to their customers? I am currently eating Nutella from the jar with a spoon as I have no other food in.

NB my partner works at Tesco so I know what 'technical issue' means: driver called in sick/site crashed/you didn't fill up on petrol/half of the items have to be substituted.

Also, your site has a number of broken links in the Contact section with no email address and I had to run a Google search to find this form.

Kind regards

Stuck Indoors, Manchester"



NB. I have absolutely no idea what "technical issues" means. I just wanted to piss them off. Tesco gives lovely service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment