Wednesday 11 February 2015

V Day Is Coming...Shit

Sally: Hey you guys, why is everything so red on Valentine's Day? I mean the greeting cards, and the candy, even the tire ads.
Dick: Well, red represents the blood that was spilled at the massacre.
Harry: Massacre?
Dick: Yeah, the St. Valentine's Day massacre. It's a very big deal here on Earth.
- Third Rock From The Sun

There are three days to go and so far all I've got for The Boyfriend is a card. I don't like all of the saccharine teddies and boxes of chocolates for sale. It just isn't us. Should I get him something he really wants, like a Xbox One game? Or do something classed as soppy? Hard part is that he's much better at present shopping than me. 

Rather than a day celebrating romance, I would prefer Oxytocin Day, celebrating the hormone that allows you to feel love, bonding, and orgasm. That makes more sense to me than romance. It feels more real to me. 


There's a lot of pressure to 'do' something special for Valentine's Day. I love him every day. I tell him every day. What more can I do on the 14th?

So, I shall ponder on on what to buy The Boyfriend. We have both said that our anniversary means much more to us, so hopefully this day will be a quiet affair without too much gooey eye contact but with sex. A lot of sex.

No comments:

Post a Comment